Thursday 20 December 2007

Welcome to my blog

My name is Godfrey Hoopington-Charles, I am a man of high social standing and class.
Many of you will know me from when I used to write on the 'Betting.Betfair' website. The cretinous imberciles who run the website decided that I should be retired. The Brigadier decides when he will retire not some jumped up charlatans in suits. I can honestly say I have never been so insulted in my entire life.
I will be posting up the days best lay with full reasoning on my very own blog. The lay will appear by no later than 12:00pm on the day of the race or by 6pm for any evening racing cards.
Unfortunately on the other blog I was made to send the bet in by 6pm the previous night. Half the time the Racing Post forecasts were not even done by this time and I had no way of knowing which horses were going to be truely short (Timeform and Sporting lifes forecasts were regulary unaccurate). By posting the lay on the day of the race, this will ensure the quality is of a higher standard than previously witnessed.
Time will tell whether the Betfair boys were right to retire me to the realms of history, let me assure all readers The Brigadier is a man on a mission and has a point to prove.

2 comments:

HQO said...

why did betfair sacke you as they never sack anyone

Anonymous said...

Dear Boy
You are either inside the circle or you are not as most of Betfairs employees are connected as being former work mates through Timeform or The Sportsman newspaper. I am not in this circle, as was always clear by various presenters comments and attitude towards me particulary from certain people who will remain unnamed.
I was not officialy sacked as such, 'I was put out to pasture as they attempted to shake there site up with 2008 on the horizon'.
Kind of in the same way that no football manager is ever officially sacked. :o)
I have no hard feelings towards Betfair, and there are a few good knowledgable down to earth guys on the team. But I am going to have to beat them and make my blog better than theres and thats just the way it has to be.

Kind Regards